Well, I certainly can't move right now.
I'm loving the gym access. Wednesday I did 45 minutes of cardio and a half hour of weightlifting. Thursday I ran for 30 minutes then got in the pool and swam for 20 minutes. Yesterday I did the elliptical for 30 minutes (hard, too, man, I think I got in competition with one of the basketball players in there!) and then the stairmaster (gotta get that booty into shape!) and finished with some weightlifting. And now I'm paying for it. I think it's a good thing it's closed today and tomorrow. If the weather's still nice tomorrow I think I might try to go for a slow run out but we'll see. I forget sometimes that I'm not in shape like I was in college - I try to go at the same pace as back then and I wind up majorly hurting. Oh well, it's good for me :)
I've been working on my book/album of pictures from the wedding. I have 3 regular albums that have all of the wedding pictures in it but my photographer had told me about a book that you can create with the wedding pictures. He offers it but he knew I liked doing graphic design stuff so he just told me where I could do it. I'm lacking two pages and I don't know how to finish it - I still have so many pictures I want to use! But it's been great because I can use all the "detailed" pictures as backgrounds...but still have the main pictures front and center. I'm probably going to wait until I actually start my job to send it off and purchase it, but still. It's exciting to know it's coming along! I think I drive Brad crazy because I could look at the pictures over and over again and never get tired of it.
Speaking of the job...I met with the psychologist for what I think was my final "test" on Wednesday. It was pretty interesting. Apparently I'm normal (no comments from the peanut galley!). Brad found it hysterical that the psychologist told me I should consider a career in law enforcement though. I guess my "curl up like a turtle" defensive response doesn't impress him much. The job starts in February...I wouldn't mind if it started a little sooner but oh well. The first 8 weeks or so will be intense, full-time training but at least I'll be making bank for it. I'm going to try to work all the hours I can until I start school. Between my house selling soon (hopefully-it went on the market Tuesday!) and the money I can save with working this part time job I'm hoping to be able to save enough for the whole master's degree before I even start. Plus, Brad's uncle (who will be my boss) said they get a lot of college students who work there - when times are slow, we're allowed to do our classwork. So basically I'm getting paid almost $20 an hour to do my classwork. Niiiiiice! It's definitely nothing I want to turn into a full-time career, but we can easily live on Brad's salary so it'll be nice to have mine for school so I don't have to apply for loans. As much as I wanted to fight the whole thing, it seems to be working out fairly well so far.
98 days since we've been married. I still feel like we're just "playing house!"
No comments:
Post a Comment