Sometimes I hear about situations and people are asking for prayers. Often it's a person who's sick or injured. I always try to pray for them, but it's hard to figure out what, exactly, to pray for.
Obviously, if I put myself in the shoes of a friend or family, I would want to pray that they pull through and everything is fine. But is that really what I should be praying for?
I've started trying to pray that God's will be done. If that person is supposed to heal and find their health again, then I pray they find the strength to do so. And if it's not in God's will, then I pray for the family and friends to have strength to get through the terrible situation.
In a way, I feel guilty about doing that. I know when they're asking for prayers - I know what they're asking for. They're asking for healing. But God already knows what's going to happen. Would I be offending Him by demanding that He heal a person He's ready to call for?
This thought process seemed more complex last night while I was praying, but still. Praying is so simple, yet so complicated.
No comments:
Post a Comment