Tuesday, September 29, 2009

And the world starts spinning

I'm just saying.

I'm getting married.

I'm buying a new car.

I'm getting married.

I'm going back to school.

I'm getting married.

I'm moving to a new state where I know no one except my future husband and his family.

I'm allowed to start freaking out now, right?

I can't believe how much time has flown since last November when he proposed. Now it's next week. NEXT week! For the rest of my life! My heart started racing on Sunday afternoon and hasn't quit since. I didn't think I would be one to get nervous but clearly that's not the case.

I've given my official notice at work and sent out an email to all my vendors today letting them know what was going on. It was really weird to push "send" on that email, telling them that November 6 would be my last day. I'm going to miss it here but I'm not going to miss the politics of corporate America. I wasn't cut out to be a secretary, let's just be honest with ourselves.

The LSAT was Saturday. I thought it was easy which clearly means I did miserable on it. It was an interesting experience, to say the least. I figured I would be the oldest one in there but there were quite a few older people taking it. Side rant - I have nothing against "non-traditional" students. I do however, have a problem with "non-traditional" students who think that because they are older that they know everything. Lady, when the instructions say don't wear a hat or bring a book to read, don't do it. When the administrator is finished reading the instructions and getting ready to hand out the tests, it's NOT a good time to raise your hand and demand to use the restroom. C'mon. We're in there for 5 hours as it is, let's get this show on the road! Anyways. I wasn't the least bit nervous and I'm hoping that helped my cause. The LSAT isn't going to make or break my life. If I don't do well on it, I have graduate school as the backup. I find out my score on the 19th, the same day we get back from the honeymoon. Welcome home!


'Ol Holly Honda will be moving on soon.

She's seen me through a lot of days, but it's time to move on. As my first "negotiator" experience, I've had a blast. I've wound up looking at two SUV's that were originally out of my price range but since I got two dealerships pitted against each other, it's working dramatically in my favor. I'm looking at a Highlander or a 4Runner right now. One dealership has dropped $10,000 off the MRSP of both, making them more affordable than I ever thought possible. I'm going up to test drive the 4Runner this weekend and let them evaluate my trade in. If everything goes well, we might just have a deal!

The wedding. I know everything will be wonderful. I know the details don't really matter. I don't know what I'm so nervous about. I think it's because - it's forever. When we were doing some of our pre-marital counseling, one of the questions was, "What are grounds for divorce?" I was completely shocked (albeit in a good way) that Brad's response was something along the lines of I don't believe in divorce, I believe when you take your vows for better or for worse it means you're going to stick together and work through the hard times. Mind you, I was rather impressed by that...but at the same time...yikes. No way out!

Anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Everything is going to turn out to be perfect - or as close to it as possible! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting chapter in your life! :) Sit back and enjoy the ride, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete